Add website icon/shortcut to iphone
- Open Safari (other browsers, such as Chrome, won’t work for this).
- Navigate to the Local1 4U homepage.
- Tap the Share button at the bottom of the page.
- Scroll down until you see ‘Add to Home Screen’ and tap this.
- On the next screen, choose a name for the link on your home screen. You’ll see the link so you can confirm it, as well as the site’s favicon that becomes its “app” icon.
- Now just tap the new icon on your home screen, and it will open the website.
Add website icon/shortcut using the Android 4.2+ Browser
- Navigate to your Android web browser. Locate the icon that looks like a globe and tap on it to open.
- Go to the Local 1 4U homepage.
- Tap on the Create Bookmark icon. This is the star outline icon to the right of the URL bar. An info box should appear asking you to name the bookmark and where you want it saved.
- Tap on the drop-down menu. It can be found on the “Add To” choice.
- Tap “Home Screen.” You should now see your new bookmark on your home screen.
Add website icon/shortcut on android using Chrome for Android
- Launch Google Chrome browser app. Just tap on the Google Chrome icon on your home screen or app drawer.
- Go to the Local 1 4U home page.
- Tap on the Menu button. The looks of the Menu button will depend on your device; usually it’s an app button that looks like three horizontal lines or dots stacked on each other, or it could be accessed through a hardware button on your phone.
- Tap “Add to Home Screen.” Done! A shortcut to the website will be added to your home screen.